1. Did your background have any bearing on your chosen profession? My love of fire fighting happened later in life my wife's father had been a fire fighter for many years and through him I grew to love the fire service and although he did not push me to join, he was very excited when I asked to become a fire fighter with Brown City Fire Department. It was something that brought us closer together and cemented the bond that we had through what I have came to know as "the brotherhood". Though he passed away a couple years ago his legend lives on at our department.
2. How many years have you been an firefighter? I have been a fire fighter for almost 11 years now, I joined the department in July of 2001 a few months prior to 9/11 which brought the fire service into a whole new focus with the world.
6. What would you have done if you hadn't of became a firefighter? I really dont know, fire fighting is such a big part of my life now I really cant imagine my life without it. I would not have made the great friends that I have made that will last a life time.
9. Is there anything that I haven't asked you, that you would like to add? I feel that alot more fire fighters should be aware that they are a reflection of their departments and how important it is to represent the department in a postitive way. If you treat people unkindly at scenes and in the public that reflects poorly on the department and those same people you may need for fund raisers in the future to help with future needs.
10. What is your favorite dinner & what do you like to drink with it? Favorite dinner would have to be steak and potatoes with a nice cold beer. Nothing better!