2. What is your favorite part of working for your department? I Love Training the new recruits, and watching them succeed, especially when they have struggled in the beginning. I love it when THE LIGHT COMES ON and you see it in a recruits face that he/she GETS IT!!
3. How do you define success? Career success is when your peers respect you, and they come to you for advice on a situation whether its job or personal related. Personal success is having a nice home, vehicles and some money in the bank.
5. What is your favorite hobby? Riding my motorcycles...it clears my head and relieves my stress.
6. Who has had the greatest influence on you? .My DAD...He pushed me do get off my butt and do something worthwhile with my life...So, I did...and I thank my mom and dad for the motivation
8. What's the funniest work story/ event you remember? There are many...One story that sticks out is ....One time I was sent into Aurora, Colorado (a neighboring jurisdiction) to handle a domestic violence call. The actual domestic violence assault had occurred in Denver, but the couple lived in Aurora. The male had struck the female several times and she did receive obvious bruising on her face and chest area. They were at a social event in Denver, but the fight continued after the got home in Aurora. The female eventually called 911 and Aurora police responded. After interviewing both parties it was determined the fight started in Denver, and should be handled by Denver PD since it started in our city. When I arrived in the middle of Aurora at the victims address I seen THREE Aurora PD police cars and FIVE Aurora officers. The main senior Aurora PD officer was SEVEN FOOT TALL (Seriously) and was a Aurora SWAT officer. I also seen about 5 kids sitting on the sidewalk a house down the street from where I was going....As I walked past the 5 kids on the sidewalk I overheard the kids say "OH SHIT....THIS MUST BE SERIOUS...DENVER IS HERE!!!!" LOL......Mind you, I'm 5ft 10..on a good day and the senior Aurora officer was 7 ft tall,.....and there was 5 Aurora guys...and I was by myself!! It made me smile (and on the inside I said..YOU GOT THAT RIGHT KID!!)...The male was arrested for Assault/Disturbance/Domestic Violence....As I walked back past the 5 kiddos they got up and saluted me.....I gave them all Denver Police stickers.
10. What is your favorite dinner & what do you drink with it? I'm pretty easy to please at the dinner table. But, there is nothing like a well cooked NY strip steak, with garlic-mashed potato's , corn on the cobb and a wheat beer..
Prior to working for Denver PD I was a Correctional Officer in Canon City, Colorado for the Colorado State Department of Corrections for just over 2 years. I worked mainly in Minimum Security, but spent time in the Colorado State Super Max and in Womens Facility and started the Armed Perimeter Patrol Unit and Armed Gate Guard Unit. I met my now ex-wife Gail in the Army. She now lives in North Carolina with our daughter (Nicole, who just turned 17)...We were married 6 years.
Prior to that I was in The United States ARMY right out of Highschool. I spent 9 years total in the ARMY. I achieved the rank of Sergeant in 5 years. I was in Desert Shield and Desert Storm. I was in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba and many other assignments. I was in White Sands, NM for 1 year, and 6 years in Germany (Frankfurt, Werthheim, Nurnburg, Wuerzburg, Giebelstadt ..to name only a few assignments)...and 1 1/2 years in Ft Carson, Colorado.... I was fortunate enough to travel all over Europe while in Germany..I went to Spain, Italy, France, Austria to name only a few places visited....
Prior to all that...I was born in Marlette, Michigan and raised in Brown City, Michigan. I graduated from Brown City Highschool.... I lived in Brown City until I was 18 years old and went into the military...My younger brother Danny, died in 2003 in Sterling Heights, Michigan...My saddest memory of Michigan. He is buried in Imlay City, Michigan-where my parents still live now. My older sister, Kathy lives in North Branch, MI. My older brother Dave, lives here in Parker, Colorado with his wife and 2 kids.