2. What is your favorite part of working for your department? I enjoy the interaction that I have with the student body.
3. How do you define success? I define success as making a difference in my current role assisting the students, faculty and staff as they need Public Safety.
4. What have you learned over your lifetime that you'd like to share with the younger generation? The most important thing to me is the ability to listen and make a sound judgement based on the information that I have received. This is something I use in every day life... not just at the work place.
5. What is your favorite hobby? I love to hunt and fly fish.
6. Who has had the greatest influence on you? My father was and still is my hero. Thanks to my up bringing I am able to make those sound decisions.
7. What will be your legacy? Is the world better because of you/your work/your influence? I am hoping that I have left my mark somewhere in life. I try and practice the same roles that my father instilled in me.
8. What's the funniest work story/ event you remember? I was working in the County Prison and we had a block of inmates that were in restricted housing. Every time I would enter the block for a head count or a range check the inmates began to act up. So talking with a fellow officer we came up with a plan to enter the block and randomly give the appearance that we were stepping on spiders. This had the inmates up on the bunks huddling in the corner looking all over the block for the invisible spiders that we were smashing. By the end of my shift they were so tired that on my last round they
were a still huddled up on the bunks sleeping in the most uncomfortable positions that i had to laugh out loud.
9. Is there anything I haven't asked about that you would care to comment on? Nothing that I can think of.
10. What is your favorite dinner & what do you drink with it? I love Italian foods.And If I have a beer its a domestic.
In addition to my role as a Public Safety Officer, I have been married for
18 years and am the father of two sons. I am an active member in my
community, and enjoy taking an active roll in my sons activities from band,
baseball, football and soccer. I also assist the local police departments
in obtaining information when appropriate. I have many years experience in
the law enforcement field, including a reserve police officer and corrections
officer as well as my current position. I hope to grow in my career and
always strive to help others in need.